Friday, May 24, 2013

Gladiators are Coming Back





Gladiator sandals - JIMMY CHOO "Glenys"
T-shirt -  HAPPINESS IS A 10$ TEE
Belt - BOTTEGA VENETA
White jeans - 7 FOR ALL MANKIND

Apart from showing you my Choo nerd credentials..., in this post I want to talk to you about another hot trend for this season: the return of gladiators. Few years ago we faced a gladiator invasion, mostly in the flat version with straps and buckles. There were also some heeled versions, as the Glenys model you can see in my pics. These multi-strap gladiator sandals were one of most successful shoes by this brand, and I still love to wear them, with skinnies or short dresses from day to evening (read this post by Bergdorf's blog for more advises on How to wear Gladiators when you’re short).

Well, as I anticipated you in some of my previous posts ( Spikey V.'s Valentine Wish List and Spikey V. in Wolford Tamara bondage gaiter ) gladiators are coming back in an even more strong version and often high to the knee.

These are some of my favorites:

TOM FORD (probably the most extremes, and more difficult to wear if you are not Rihanna or a Bond girl)




SALVATORE FERRAGAMO (Very chic)




JIMMY CHOO (more romantic)



GIANVITO ROSSI (very lean and sharp)




If you are interested to learn more, you can read also this post  Return of the Gladiator Sandal, again from the Bergdorf's blog. You can also shop their pretty cool selection of gladiators.

I hope you enjoyed my post.

XOXO

Spikey V.

5 comments:

  1. Ciao Spikey,
    troppo belle le tue JC ed anche i sandali/stivali delle foto, li vorrei tutti...quelli di tom ford e ferragamo sono davvero esagerati! <3
    Vale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Choos, I own these sandals too, together with other 7... Can I be considered a Choo nerd, too? ;-)
    Jenny83

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome on my blog, Jenny!
      yes, if you just owned Glenys too I think you could be legitimately considered a Choo nerd... this was a stunning style by Choo according to me.
      and if I may ask: What are the most recent Choos you like?
      XO

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't go for the full gladiator ones (would look like a sausage in mesh), but your Jimmy Choo are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! this is really one of my favorite pair of shoes :-)

      Delete